Welcome to Taylor Swift Daily!

Here you can get all the latest news, great pics and info on Taylor! As well as info relating to Taylor and her music!

Sunday 25 September 2011

Taylor Performs Rare ‘Superman’ in Concert!

Taylor performed ‘Superman,’ a rare track from the deluxe edition of her current album ‘Speak Now,’ for the very first time in concert last night (Sept. 24) in Kansas City, Mo., during a special solo acoustic segment.



“This is the part of the show where I have an acoustic guitar, and I can kinda do whatever I want with it,” Swift announced while strumming, before setting the crowd off into a high-pitched frenzy by asking, “I kind of want to play a song for you that I’ve never played before, if that’s OK?”
She set the stage a bit more by explaining, “This is about, well a guy, as usual. This was a guy that I was sort of enamored with.  This song got its title but something that I just said randomly in conversation, (when) he walked out of the room, I turned to one of my friends and said, ‘it’s like watching Superman fly away’”
She then launched into the gentle, slightly melancholy tune (featuring, of course, a big arena-ready sing-along chorus), and despite the fact that this track is only available on the deluxe, Target-exclusive edition of ‘Speak Now,’ a good deal of the crowd was quickly singing along with Swift.






I love that song, wish I coulda been there! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment